The Hansel Family

The Hansel Family

Monday, January 28, 2013

in it

I met a mom of 5 this weekend, two biological children, and three adopted.  I love the connection you make instantly.

Her best words of encouragement, love the family you have now.

Be content.  The right kiddo will be placed in your family at the right time, because the right funding was in place and we were living in the right house, and ... the list goes on.

We are doing a good job with the paperwork it takes to make this happen, methodically going through the steps.  I like check lists and task lists, and lists in general, so it makes sense to me.

I do however, relate it to stages in life.  I love the ages my three are now.  Its fun and challenging and exciting and exhausting.  I'd like to pause time.  But I also know I loved the stages they were at a few months ago, and the stages they'll be at a few months, years, and decades from now.  Because they're them.  And all the excitement and challenges and love that will grow from adding this new life to our family.

Whole heartedly living now, whole heartedly longing for whats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment